Authored by: UrbanWale Blog Contributor, Nisha Singhania
Wearing masks is one of the major safety precautions that the government specifically asks people to follow. Wearing a mask is a simple task for some people. Just wearing a mask will not do things. You need to take a little care while wearing a mask. Most people are a bit confused and have a question - "Is wearing masks good for your health?" So today we have come to give you a thorough evaluation of wearing masks to clear your confusion.
This article covers basic five questions related to the facemask.
- What are the steps to wear a mask correctly?
- Why and when it is necessary to wear masks?
- What precautions should you take while wearing a mask?
- Is wearing masks good for your health?
To be safe from the coronavirus pandemic, wearing masks is mandatory in public areas. Masks have become an essential part of our lives after the outbreak of coronavirus. Although the government has unlocked the areas, it does not mean that you are free to interact with people and do not need to be cautious. The government has issued security measures guidelines that you need to ensure. If you want you and your family to be safe from this epidemic, then you should follow the government recommendations.
Like some other things, Facemask also has its advantages and disadvantages. But you can avoid the side effects of wearing masks by taking some big precautions. So read this article well and apply good wishes to stay healthy during this epidemic.
1. Steps To Wear Mask Correctly
There are some people who are taking all possible measures to avoid the epidemic but are still unable to avoid coronavirus contact. Therefore, it is necessary to find flaws. So, what we found is an inappropriate covering of the face. He is wearing a mask but not in the right way. So here are the steps to wear the mask correctly.
- Remember to clean or wash your hands before applying a mask on your face.
- Assess the mask before wearing it. Make sure it is washed, clean and hygienic, and free of pores.
- Mask Place the colored part of the mask outwards.
- When you wear a mask, the side of the metal wire should be on the upper part of your nose and make sure that the mask covers your mouth well.
- Do not wear loose masks as it allows infection and virus to be transmitted through the mouth in your body.
- Do not touch the mask and your face repeatedly after wearing the mask.
- Gets replace your mask if it becomes dirty for some reason.
- Do not hang masks around your neck for long.
Tip- After removing the facemask, wash it immediately and keep it in an inaccessible place. This reduces the chance of infection.
2. Why mask is necessary to wear?
To break the chain of coronavirus transmission it becomes necessary to wear masks. The mask helps us in many ways and protects us from infection. Earlier very few people preferred to wear masks but now as government and NGOs are running awareness programs and people are becoming aware of the importance of wearing masks.
Here you are going to learn about the importance of masks. And how does it help us to stay healthy?
The above points increase the importance of the mask during coronavirus.
- Wearing a mask protects you from airborne diseases and germs. When you wear a mask you receive filtered oxygen.
- A face mask is a smart way to break down cross-contamination.
- Drops of sneezing and cough contaminate the air, so a mask is necessary to prevent this infection.
- It is not necessary to wear only N95 masks as these are specially made masks for doctors and surgeons as they live around infected people. Therefore they need more advanced security measures. But as common people, you can choose a simple mask and scarf to cover your mouth.
3. When you should wear a mask?
- If you are working as health professionals like doctors, lab technicians, cleaners, nurses, ward boys, etc., then you should wear masks as long as you are at your workplace.
- Wear masks in crowded areas to prevent transmission of the virus.
4. What precautions you should take while wearing masks?
This is an important topic of discussion because instead of taking advantage of masks, people are going through many dangers. It is necessary to know the precaution before using the actual product.
- When you go outside, cover your nose and mouth completely with the mask.
- Do not wear masks inside your home or in a safe area.
- Do not wear the mask for a long time as it may lower the oxygen level as carbon dioxide does not find its way out.
- Do not touch face and mask frequently.
5. Is wearing masks good for your health?
We cannot give a single comment of yes or no on “Is wearing masks good for your health?" Because everything has its pons and cons the same way masks have its advantages and disadvantages. There are people who suffer from breathing problems and cannot wear masks. And if they try to wear a mask, they face breathing problem and it can put their lives in danger. Therefore the benefit varies from one person to another. So we cannot strictly advise everyone to wear masks. Like asthma patients are unable to wear masks because they face breathing problems.
According to a study by health experts, there are very few people who can face issues by wearing masks. The mask is not only useful for individual people, but it also protects those around you. Therefore, wearing masks good for your health.
Warning- People with respiratory problems and children under 2 do not wear masks.
Personal Tip - The mask keeps you healthy no doubt but the mask itself deserves a hygiene environment. It is very important to keep the mask in a clean and tidy place after use. So take home services from Urbanwale. During the outbreak of coronavirus, deep cleaning, pest control, hygiene services are prominent.